feed
email
audioscrobbler
flickr
mobilerobot
stuff i listened to a lot this week
robotpolisher's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart
Wednesday, March 13, 2002
So okay, it's fair to say that the Swedish government manages regularly to do a million things wrong. But one thing I'll give them credit for is supporting da rock. Witness their anual program that gives block grants to indie labels. Try to imagine congress trying to pass THAT one. But upon realizing that music is a bigger export than say lumber and ball bearings (Which we apparently also excel in shipping elsewhere) they decided to drag a whole batch of bands over here to play CBGB'sthis past weekend. That's fucking cool. Plus apparently our bald but relatively groovy general consul apparently invited them to chill out at his place for a bit and then went to the show. Oh my national pride gland is swelling out of control. whimper.

On a more frustrating note, why on god's green earth didn't they do this eye study when I was a kid! I had to wear one of those damned eyepatches around for months at a time. Grrr... Okay so on the upside my eyes don't point in two different directions constantly. BUT STILL! I feel a "back in my day..." kind of rant coming on...

posted by Robotpolisher 11:45 AM ::
Comments:
Post a Comment
[ ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?