feed
email
audioscrobbler
flickr
mobilerobot
stuff i listened to a lot this week
robotpolisher's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart
Thursday, September 11, 2003
Could say a bunch of things about 9/11 but it's passed as a relatively normal day, or at least one that was weird in ways I hadn't actually counted on. But maybe it's this persistent cough I can't seem to get rid of that makes me feel especially like this guy's got it pretty dead on about how angry any of us who lived near this whole thing (or worked at or near ground zero in the next few days) should be about being lied to about our health.

Signed up for the study they're doing, too, just for the hell of it. Be nice to know something. But what I can't get over at the end of the day is how all this research is geared towards people just in Manhattan, like the river was ten miles wide and the wind was blowing north that day or in any of the days following. Our neighborhood got fucked up by the whole thing, far worse than many others in the "study area" and it's being steadfastly ignored. That newsday article's from a year ago, but nothing's changed. And looking back, I guess I was worrying about it even 6 months after the fact.

So two years later, I think I'm kinda more frustrated than anything else. Not sad, maybe, just kind of aggravated by how incredibly fucked up the world has turned out since and because of the events of that day. And there you have it.

posted by Robotpolisher 7:37 PM ::
Comments:
Post a Comment
[ ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?