feed
email
audioscrobbler
flickr
mobilerobot
stuff i listened to a lot this week
robotpolisher's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart
Thursday, September 11, 2003
Truly sad, but after 10 hours of surgery Anna Lindh has died.

I moved to America when I was real young and I still remember watching the TV news in New Jersey with my family in 1986 when Prime Minister Olof Palme had been shot and feeling very far away. Living in New York City, these days, the last few days around 9/11 have been thick with so many sad memories that it's an amazing shock to hear of Lindh's death. And once again to feel like I'm on the other side of the ocean with concerned emails going to the relatives at home just as they came from them two years ago. My mormor (grandma) is apparently "crushed but collected" and with some other relatives so she doesn't have to be alone for this. Pictures from home show people just in shock and memorials springing up everywhere.

What's amazing is how much everyone keeps repeating how well respected and loved she was, even by people who oposed her politics entirely. Based on everything I'd read from over here, including her vocal opposition to Bush's "lone ranger" unilateralism I was definitelly a fan and considering that she was widely thought to be next in line for the premiership, it's depressing to imagine what could have been.

posted by Robotpolisher 10:58 AM ::
Comments:
Post a Comment
[ ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?