feed
email
audioscrobbler
flickr
mobilerobot
stuff i listened to a lot this week
robotpolisher's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart
Wednesday, September 24, 2003
Wow.

The GF just called. "Hey! You got a letter form the INS, you want me to open it?" I've been getting a lot of these lately since those people apparently think it's a good idea to send you 12 different letters notifying you that yes, you did change your address with them within the 10 day deadline for furriners.

But not this one, this one says that my citizenship swearing in date is October 9th, 8am at a courthouse on Cadman Plaza in Brooklyn.

After years of paperwork, stress and dealing with inhuman beurocracys wondering if anything was ever going to come of the whole thing (and okay, to be fair about 16 years of figuring out whether or not I wanted to actually do it), I'm actually gonna become a U.S. citizen. In two weeks. I'm honestly so shocked that I don't know what to say.

So there you have it: Wow.

posted by Robotpolisher 3:35 PM ::
Comments:
Post a Comment
[ ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?