feed
email
audioscrobbler
flickr
mobilerobot
stuff i listened to a lot this week
robotpolisher's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart
Friday, April 13, 2007
I have 7 hours left of my 20's 
I have 7 hours left of my twenties, which feels kind of momentous when you look at it that way. To be honest it seems like less of an occasion for any kind of freaking out or anything (I did that about a month ago) and more of a time to sit back and say hey, my 20s were pretty fucking fabulous. I mean for what it's worth, I vastly preferred them to my 10s. But but thinking back, I've done a hell of a lot in those years, been to a hell of a lot of places, played a lot of music, met a LOT of people, turned many of them into great friends, managed to both start and stop smoking. It's been full of love and heartbreak and highs and lows and regrets and all of that good stuff. It's almost never been boring.

I think it's safe to say that it was a span of ten years where I definitively made New York my home and I think probably the place I'll always think of as home base.

And hey, for what it's worth, I think it's the time when I really came into my own as a person and figured out who I am more than maybe defining myself in opposition to a lot of the things around me I disliked.

So anyway, I'm not going to be 10 years older tomorrow, just one year, or hell one day really, so no need to get melodramatic about it. But I guess every time I get a little cranky about my twenties being behind me, I guess it's worth reminding myself that I did make the most of them and now it's time to get on with making the most of this day and this year and this minute and all the rest of it.

posted by robotpolisher 4:53 PM ::
Comments:
You're old.  
Post a Comment
[ ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?